Mount Holyoke College Women's Academy for International Leadership Development Scholarships (July 23 - August 17, 2012)
05 June 2012
The Women’s Academy for International Leadership Development invites high achieving young women considering application to U.S. colleges and universities to begin their path to future academic, professional, and personal success in a comprehensive summer program at Mount Holyoke College, the oldest women's college in the world and the first of the renowned Seven Sisters to the Ivy League.
The overall focus of the program is on leadership and professional and personal success, starting with preparation for admission to highly selective colleges in the United States. Students are immersed in a learning community that includes role models with accomplished professional careers, college faculty, and student mentors as well as other specialized resource persons. This richly structured learning environment is designed to strengthen students’ skills and confidence, and provide them with tools to successfully navigate the college admission process, fulfill their academic and social potential during college, and plan their pathway to future success.
In recognition of the power and potential of Mount Holyoke’s alumnae community and its daughters and granddaughters, the College is pleased to offer five inaugural scholarships of $5,000 to alumnae daughters and granddaughters. Rising juniors and seniors with a strong academic record are eligible to apply. (The total tuition fee for WAILD is $7,600. With the alumnae scholarship, the tuition is $2,600, which includes room and board. The application deadline is June 15.)
The Women’s Academy for International Leadership Development is designed to strengthen young women’s skills and confidence, provide them with tools to successfully navigate the college admission process, help fulfill their academic and social potential during college, and plan their pathway to future success. It represents the best of Mount Holyoke values and offers a unique opportunity for young college-bound women to achieve their highest goals.
We look forward to welcoming alumnae daughters and granddaughters to campus for this exceptional program. Please visit the WAILD website for more information about the curriculum, alumnae daughter/granddaughter scholarships, and how to apply.
Lynn Pasquerella ’80
President, Mount Holyoke College
Most Recent Magazine & Career Interview Stories
- Dr. Rebecca Lee -- an Uncommon Woman, off the Beaten Path conserving Nature and Protecting the Environment
- Climate change will cause widespread global-scale loss of common plants and animals
- "PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT, KEEP CANCER AWAY," is the Slogan in China for National Cancer Prevention and Care Week -- Reprinted from The New York Times
- 17 year old PROGRAMMING WHIZ KID, Nick D'Aloisio, sells his startup to Yahoo for a reported US$30mil
- The Social Enterprise – A New Career Choice, by Helena Hu
- 21st Century FOODIE ACTIVISM: Organic Urban-farming, NO GMO, Slow-food activist says, "YOUR DOLLAR IS YOUR VOTE!" ... by M Chen
Last Update : 2013-05-24 01:02:16
- Empowering English literate Youth ... iCUBED.us is a webzine for, by, and about THINKING TEENS, our motto is INTEGRITY IN INTELLIGENCE ...